About 15 McGrath
Located on the former Sav-Mor site, the 15 McGrath Highway project will expand Somerville’s presence as a leading life sciences hub and create a dynamic urban experience that celebrates this site as a gateway to Somerville. This new center for innovation will support sustained economic growth that is centered around transit and strengthens Somerville’s economic ecosystem through both near-term job opportunities and support for future generations of Somerville residents.
15 McGrath’s innovative and comprehensive sustainable approach will ensure the project meets Somerville’s climate goals while delivering 262,000 SF of lab, office, and ACE space.
- The project will be LEED Platinum Certifiable
- 268 below grade parking spaces
- 2,500 sf of retail or Arts & Creative Enterprise (ACE) space on ground floor, with additional ACE space on upper floors
- Indoor bike storage for 53 bikes
- Shower and changing facilities to support walking, running and cycling to the building
- 41 EV car charging stations
- Tenant amenity space planned for the 7th floor, including outdoor space
- The project is seeking WiredScore Gold certification
Financial contributions and significant increase in annual tax revenue for the site and high-quality job creation in the Life Science Sector.
The catalyst for changing McGrath Highway to a pedestrian-oriented Boulevard and creating a safer environment for cyclist and pedestrians alike.
IMPROVING THE COMMUNITY PATH
Through cooperation with our neighbors, a connection to the Somerville Community Path Extension from McGrath Highway is possible while also opening opportunities to connect to the Grand Junction Path in Somerville and Cambridge.
INVESTING IN THE ARTS
Allocates 5% of the leasable area of the building dedicated to Arts & Creative Enterprise along with currently studying portions of the site to receive art from local artist.
State of the art Life Science facility utilizing high performance glazing, mechanical systems and stormwater mitigation to reach LEED Platinum certifiable.
Cushman & Wakefield